Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Youth speaks

I’ll make this short. I really don’t have time to talk to you. 

My dreams await me. The world is watching out for me and my unique talents. I know that I was born to make a difference to this world.

And yet, I must take time out to talk to you. In the hope that you understand me. That you make the effort to see things through my eyes. That you not look too harshly upon my faults, my inadequacies, and the undue haste with which I go through life.

I am still finding my path, the one that calls to me. It is possible that in my search for my calling, I may stumble upon the wrong byways. When that happens, I hope you will be patient with me, even though patience is not an attribute that I possess myself.

Everything is happening to me for the first time, and sometimes I am so enamoured with my own experience, I like to believe that no one in all the history of the world has faced life the way I do.

I move fast, blinded by a sense of my own wondrousness. I have no time for that which is not swift.

Rebelling against everything that you have created comes naturally to me.

I am so filled with a delicious sense of my own grandeur that I believe I know everything. That what I don’t know isn’t worth knowing. And yet for all my cockiness, I go through periods of indecision. Which of my two best feet do I put forward first?

I don’t always do what I am told. There’s a voice in my heart that tells me that things can get better and that I could be the one to renew the world, paint it anew in the colours of my vision. Do not laugh at my bold dreams, no matter how stupid they may seem to your cynical eyes.

It is possible that my dreams may crumble and that I may someday find myself as disillusioned as you are.

It is also possible that the world may be touched with the bravado and recklessness with which I approach my future and reward me in unimaginable ways.

This is my time. A time when I rage with astounding courage, when I am driven by an inexpressible appetite for adventure.

This is my time. The world lies at my feet. It awaits my bidding. Watch me dazzle.

And if by chance, I give in to the snares that seek to thwart my path, please be gentle with me.

7 comments:

  1. This post made me smile all the Cynthia. Was there not a time when I was this Ms- Know- It- All? Was there not a time when I was in a hurry, drunk on my own wondrousness? Such tearing hurry, so certain yet so full of doubts! So confident yet so hesitant!

    You know well, the hearts of things. And that is why you speak for them- so very well!

    Kudos Cynthia! We're almost one for another year aren't we? I will miss reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia its such a beautiful post on Young guns and the time we were young-ideals, short comings and dreams. You've expressed it so well.
    Do hop on my blog as there is 18 year old wrote a blogpost on Youngistan and I'm sure ull love it:)
    Cheerio

    ReplyDelete
  3. You describe that phase of one's life so well! Often times the "all-knowing" adults do pour cold water over young one's dreams, destroying their faith in humanity. I am all for the adventurous mindset :) Being an adult sucks. Big time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post, Cynthia. It's sad that I've only just found your blog on the second to the last letter of the A to Z, but better late than never. I'm now your newest follower.
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My teenager is at this stage as described by you.Loved the narrative !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this suddnly made me feel I was like this my whole life and suddnly I feel old :(
    Lovely post as always

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said. Who does not remember those days? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...